Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth-of-July-an-hour-left-at-work-post

Oh, what a bad blogger I am!!! I started this so I could put some of the ramblings in my head out into the universe and I barely touch the damn thing.
Fourth of July is definitely not a big shopping day for most people. It has been so dead all day in the store, luckily there's only 45 minutes left before closing. Then I'm headed back to the house for some fried chicken, corn-on-the-cob, and s'mores around our fire pit with some friends. Not too big on fried food, but it's been a few months since I've had any, and it seems appropriate for the holiday.
The lack of activity is a happy change from the hellish night I had yesterday. By far the worst working day I have ever had in all my working days--EVER. If I had owned a gun last night, there would be blood covering the store and I would be tightly locked up. But I'm lucky enough to have the best partner in the world, and after we got home, he gave me such a wonderful night; bottle of red wine, our funny show, a good movie, an hour long walk with Chubbers around town, good dinner, and wonderfully mind-numbing sex. He made it so I could totally forget about the teenagers, the cop, the angry customers, and the stressfulness that was my Thursday at work.
I hope I tell him often enough how wonderful I think he is. My sweet metal rock star.

No comments: