Monday, February 11, 2008

sweet serendipity

Last week while SO and I were at the Wal*Store (you know, that horrible chain store that's taken over the world) shopping for road nourishment for the upcoming tour, we were bickering in front of the granola bars of the merits of with fruit vs without (my stance being, he's not gong to be getting many fruits and veggies while on the road) when this little old woman comes up to us and just stares at us. When we conclude the "discussion" (and tossing the granola WITH fruit into the buggy) she leans into me, pointing to SO and asks,
"Is this your sweetheart?"
{smiling somewhat patronizingly} "yes"
-"Are you going to marry him?"
{appraising SO}"probably one day"
-"You should. I've not seen such a beautiful couple so well matched in many years. People tell me I'm crazy, but I thought you should know that your auras match each other very well."
{me, speechless}
SO-{smiling at her} "thank you so much."

and she wandered away.


This may be a completely off-the-wall remark to some, but for SO and I, it actually happens all the time; it happened daily for the several months when we were just friends and refusing to date each other.

It was a nice little portent before the separation.

No comments: