Monday, February 4, 2008

Rock Star downsides

The upside to having an extremely talented, extremely good-looking, extremely charismatic partner is how much fun it is to show him off, to tell everybody, "yes, this is SO--he's been touring with [this popular metal band]"; "yeah, he's getting ready to leave for two weeks with [this increasingly popular indie rock band]"and so on...also, he's just so much fun to have around. On his downtime he teaches various styles of guitar/bass to local people, so I get used to having him around the house. We'll go some long-ish stretches where he only leaves to teach. But then all of a sudden, he's gone for two weeks again and I'm left to keep myself entertained.

I don't mind being alone, I'm my own favourite company.

It's just kinda strange to be so used to cooking with him, eating with him, watching movies togething, talking to him before I go to bed (he keeps those rock star hours constantly--I'm more of a get-to-bed-around-one-am-girl myself), cleaning up, and other such normalcies; plus there's the regular sex when he's home and probably one of the things I miss most when he's gone.

It always takes a few days for me to get back into the rhythm of being alone again. And, of course, by the time I'm fully comfortable and I stop thinking about how, "well, I shouldn't go see that movie b/c SO really wants to watch it too..." he shows back up again and it takes a couple days to get used to him being around again.

It's not a lifestyle for everyone. One of the many reasons why I've no desire to be married is because I'm testing myself to see if this is the kind of lifestyle I can have for the rest of my life--it's difficult.

He's leaving in just a few days and I already have a HUGE list of things to do around the house, and if I had any money to bet, I'd bet I don't even get halfway through with it before he comes back home.

~~~~~~~

I've been telling myself for two weeks now that I'm going to try to start blogging regularly (or, as regularly as I can without a computer in my own home). Part of that reason is beacuase I want to keep up with how many books I read in one year. I read a whole lot, and people ask me how many I think I read in a year, and I have no idea, because I've never bothered keeping tabs on it--I want to try to start doing that with this blog.
...so, we'll see.

No comments: