Wednesday, April 1, 2009

on moving and my Other

Tennessee summers are rather mild as summers go; surrounded by the mountains it cannot get too hot and it gets nowhere near the humidity of the more southerly states. However, I do believe I'd like to try living in a place that perhaps never gets cold; or rather, perhaps rarely gets cold. SO, of course, has such a natural abhorrence for any temperature below 55 degrees Fahrenheit that he simply LOVES this idea. Right now, the top contender is for Savannah, GA. We both fell in love with Savannah the moment we stepped out of the car. I don't believe 24 hours were even spent in that beautiful city and we both knew that it was a perfect place for us.
I'm still keeping hope for Boston (I know, the opposite of warm year-long) open right now; Sister is moving there within the month and I have such a fondness for the north-eastern cities (i.e. my beloved New York) and the trains and the theatre and the people (Northerners are my kind of people, none of this foolish, lets-talk-to-every-single-bloody-individual-in-a-seven-mile-radius-of-where-we-are-standing Southern hospitality shit); plus Boston is simple a TRAIN RIDE from Manhattan, and not just any train ride, a SHORT train ride--anyplace that gets me closer to my city is definitely high up on my Places-Sassy-Should-Be list. But SO doesn't want to move someplace he's never visited before, and despite this severe rationality of his, I'll go along with it; I'm just so happy I'm getting my little homeschooler to move away from the only state he's ever known.

No comments: