Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Post #1

Don't worry, I'm not going to number all my posts. I've spent nearly two years as one of those dreaded blog lurkers and it seems the time has come to stop reading about everyone else out there, and to put at least a small part of myself into the universe. As yet, I've deicided to remain anonymous, this may change in the future, it may not, we'll just have to wait it out and see. For the first post, I thought it might be best to show any particular reader a little bit about me. So...

101 Things About Sassafrass, in no particular order:
1. I'm terribly afraid I'm known best by my significantly long, unusually pretty hair.
2. I wasn't looking/ready for a dog when I crossed paths with mein klein Shrekhund, a.k.a. 'ol Wheezy, but he's a wonderful little dog that I absolutely adore.
3. I wasn't wanting a partner when I found my SO (significant other), but he's here and he's wonderful, and I'm sure a lot of posts will be published to his many quirks.
4. One of my favourite colours is purple and one of the colours I cannot stand is blue; my sister's favourite colour is blue and she hates the colour purple...for some reason I find this to be very ironic.
5. I use Old English for a lot of my spelling, "colour," neighbour," "favourite," etc. etc. This drove many professors and english teachers up a wall while I was in school.
6. I have nearly as many cameras as my SO has guitars--needless to say, we have a lot of both.
7. I am a photographer, I minored in Art History in college.
8. SO is a musician, by hobby and by trade; he plays every type of guitar possible and most other guitar-like intstruments as well (mandolin, etc. etc.).
9. I lived in Manhattan for a year and it might have been the happiest year of my life.
10. Alas, I moved back to TN to finish college like a responsible person.
11. I am always reading. ALWAYS. I buy bags (purses, totes, ...) based on one or more books being able to fit inside along with other life necessities.
12. I'm not much of a girly girl.
13. The number 13 is one of my all-time favourite numbers.
14. I love seeing new places, but I HATE riding/driving in a car.
15. I love to fly.
16. I watch a lot of movies. A LOT. Be prepared for many references.
17. I'm the oldest of two children.
18. My younger sister is only 15 months my junior and probably the best girl-friend I'll ever have.
19. My parents have been married for 27 years, still going strong.
20. My maternal grandmother is a German immigrant.
21. My mother did not learn to speak English until she was five years old.
22. My paternal grandmother is the best example of a southern lady that I've ever come across.
23. My family is HUGE. And they are all very close. You remember the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding? I relate to her family issues very well.
24. I'm currently living back with my parents whilst SO and I search for a place to live...it has turned into a very difficult search.
25. I live in a small town outside of a decently-sized city.
26. I want to move to that city, Knoxville, very very badly, but SO must finish college first.
27. My small town, along with most of my family is EXTREMELY conservative, and mostly Southern Baptist--at the very least, Baptist.
28. I was raised as a Southern Baptist.
29. The best way to describe my current faith is deistic pagan.....but this is another post entirely.
30. The best way to describe my politics is libertarian.....but this is also due a separate post.
31. I tend to leave people alone.
32. I like to be left alone.
33. My only social cause is for the Human Rights Campaign, which is to say, mainly GLBT rights.
34. I am bi-sexual.
35. My family, with exception to my sister, does not know about my sexual orientation.
37. Most of my friends know that I'm bi.
38. I love to cook.
39. I'm one of the best cooks I know. I probably should have gone to a culinary school.
40. My parents do not approve of most of my lifestyle. But they try to be as accepting as possible.
41. As yet I have no tattoos, but I have plans for two or three already; have had those plans for many years, and am simply waiting to save enough money to get them.
42. I have two jobs that I am paid for, and one job that I hope to be paid for eventually.
43. I'm probably the black sheep of my family. Although for different reasons on each side.
44. Coffee is my drug of choice. And I partake mulitple times a day.
45. I do not drink sodas of any kind.
46. I drink alcohol occasionally, but never beer.
47. I think beer is completely disgusting. Perhaps its because the alcoholics in my family drink beer and I have many childhood associations with that smell.
48. I LOVE wine. I'm a huge wino, and if I had excess money, a significant portion would be set aside for nice wines.
49. I have a knack for remembering numbers; dates, phone numbers, addresses are easily memorized.
50. I will hardly ever remember somebody's name.
51. My friends are so very dear to me.
52. I do not have a lot of friends, I strive for quality not quantity.
53. I've spent many years trying to get rid of any negative people in my life.
54. I have an extremely low tolerance for passive-aggressive behaviour.
55. I'm extremely direct.
56. Also, very honest, never ask my opinion unless you are prepared for my answer.
57. After watching many of my friends get married, I've decided that whenever I'm finally ready to be married, we're definitely eloping.
58. I'm terrified of marriage.
59. Although, it could be a fear of settling down.
60. I never ever ever want children.
61. And don't tell me I'll change my mind. I have. I wanted four kids, then two kids, and then one. Eventually, I added up how much children cost on average and decided against every having any.
62. Some children are okay. Most are little devils, who are never disciplined.
63. If I can only visit one place before I die, I want it to be Florence, Italy.
64. I think one of my friends has governmental aspirations; I'm not sure if they extend as far as the White House or only to a seat in one of the Houses.
65. I have terrible terrible vision and it gets worse every year.
66. My mother is legally blind.
67. My family takes an annual vacation every single year to the beach, we stay on the ocean front for an entire week with a family we're very close with, who also happen to be our distant cousins.
68. Somehow, I've ended up being friends with many people in some very popular bands, nationally and regionally, some signed, some unsigned, all of different genres.
69. This works out well for me, because I've discovered that I love taking band photography.
70. I'm not an extremely friendly person. I'm not rude. Just not friendly.
71. I have never experienced an "uncomfortable silence," I prefer silence.
72. I'm an extremely good judge of character--I've never been proven wrong yet.
73. I've studied how to read people's body-language, and I do pretty well at it.
74. I am a Leo, in every sense of the word.
75. I only put a small amount of faith into astrology, I've read/met a few people that suspended my disbelief.
76. I've had several different people tell me that I have a very old soul.
77. I rarely remember my dreams. It is usually significant if I do.
78. I'm more like my mother than I care to admit.
79. I have very little patience for people who don't know who they are.
80. I never seek pity or handouts.
81. I never give pity or handouts.
82. I don't mind caring for someone who is ill, but I cannot mollycoddle them.
83. If I ever get sick (which is very rare), I prefer to be left alone.
84. I have been accused of being very selfish--and I admit that it is true.
85. I am aware of my faults and either do my best to change them, or accept them as part of me.
86. I have some slight OCD tendencies, but I do my best not to inflict them on others. I don't always succeed in this regard.
87. I'm a pretty awful speller, although perhaps not as bad as I think.
88. I have a very firm belief that my sister should have been left-handed (as my father is) and it was "taught" out of her.
89. It is beyond my physical abilities to nap--even when I really really want to do so.
90. I am one of the strongest people I know, I inherited it from my Oma who is by far the most amazing person with whom I've ever come into contact.
91. I'm 5'2'' (barely) and I love my height.
92. I'm extremely protective of my loved ones.
93. If I am yelled at, I have no problem yelling in return--ask one of my old bosses.
94. I don't recognize anybody's right to my instant respect. My respect must be earned.
95. I treat others exactly how I wish I would be treated. Always.
96. I've always wanted to dye my hair purple--or at the very least, put some bright purple streaks in it.
97. For some reason, if I put on a beanie (or winter hat) or any type of hat really, my eyes seem to grow to anime proportions.
98. Halloween is my all-time favourite holiday, I've dressed up in at least one costume every year since I was born.
99. My family's Christmas traditions are very dear to me.
100. I can be in a darkroom for several hours at a time without ever seeing or speaking to a single person, or listening to any music, and I'll be so very happy.
101. I love to eat. I'm a foodie, and I eat every few hours.

No comments: